Redesign of the Barrier on the River Dreisam in the City of Freiburg i.B.
In the course of straightening, the River Dreisam in the Black Forest was stabilised with several barriers, which restricted fish migration. The barriers were opened along part of the width and a groyne was added. As a result of these cost-effective measures it was possible to restore unrestricted fish access. Furthermore, the flow and structural diversity could be considerably improved.
- Number of redesigned barriers: 25
- Drop height of each barrier: 20 to 50 cm
- Length of upgraded river section: approx. 1.0 km
- Construction costs per barrier: approx. € 800
Scope of services
- Options appraisal
- Construction and implementation project
- Advice on implementation