Flood Protection Uri Valley Floor, Lot F1 - Schächenmündung Section
As a reult of flooding in 2005 the area where the Schächen river flows into the River Reuss was readjusted. The channel (floor and embankment) was reconstructed along a length of approx. 44 m. The end barrier was additionally bolstered by a permanent sheet pile wall. Furthermore, at the mouth of the river and downstream and upstream of the River Reuss a protection barrier was constructed. The existing bridge over the River Schächen was taken down and the HEB girders were reused for the new bridge.
- Dismantling of old and construction of new bridge (reusing the steel girders): 1 pc.
- Excavation of R. Schächen bed: 560 m2
- New river bed: 620 m2
- New embankment: 800 m2
- Dam filling: 2'500 m3
- Socket concrete: 900 m3
- Structural concrete: 300 m2
- Sheet pile wall (permanent): 600 m3
- Barrier material: 6'000 to.
Scope of services
- Construction project
- Tendering process
- Implementation project
- Construction management and supervision