N9 - Vennes Villeneuve Section, PS RC 780 – Bridge at Villeneuve Motorway Junction, New Frame Girder Bridge
The bridge at Villeneuve junction displayed large structural damage. The results of the structural examinations showed that the bridge had to be replaced.
Traffic was diverted via the cantonal road and a provisional bridge while a new frame girder bridge was erected above the A9 which was still open to traffic.
By partly using prefabricated components it was possible to reduce traffic disruption during construction works.
The monolithic structure (integral bridge) spans 36 m over the motorway. Type C electrically insulated prestressing ensures the stability of the structure.
New bridge at the motorway junction:
- Total length: 80 m
- Span of the middle section: 36 m
- Width of bridge: 21 m
- Bridge surface: 1700 m2
Scope of services
- Assessment of the existing structure
- Variant study for reinforcement measures
- Selection of a bridge replacement
- Concept for series of measures
- Measures concept (MC)
- Construction management and supervision
- Site supervision