Management Services and Technical Assistance to GWP – Georgian Water and Power
GWP is a private investor owned water utility providing water supply and sewage services to residential, commercial, industrial customers in Tbilisi. The aim of the project is to improve operational efficiency, manage and optimize scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs, reduce water losses through meter installation and pipe repairs as well as energy efficiency measures.
- Total no. of customers: 464,700
- Residential: 446,200
- Commercial, industrial and state organisations: 18,500
- Length of water network: 3,600 km
- Length of wastewater network: 1,600 km
Scope of services
- Day-to-day technical O&M;
- Management of day-to-day water and sewage emergency repairs;
- Assistance in devising operational effi-ciency improvements;
- On-the-job training;
- Assistance in master planning and de-sign for future investments to achieve:
- Continuous uninterrupted water supply in all parts of Tbilisi and suburbs;
- Full collection of waste water in GWP’s sewage system and subse-quent removal and treatment in Gar-dabani WWTP;
- Overhaul and repairs of pumping system and energy efficiency im-provements;
- Sustainable water disinfection;
- Water loss reduction by means of water meter introduction and pipe repairs and replacement.
- Managing implementation of investment projects and plans.