NEAT Lötschberg-Base Tunnel
The Lötschberg base tunnel is part of the Alp Transit infrastructure leading from Frutigen to the Raron region.
- Tunnel type: Rail tunnel for high speed trains with cross headings and underground control rooms
- Length: 34.6 km
- Geology: Sediments of the helvetic slabs, grate, gneiss und slate of the Aare massif
- Excavation cross sections Blasting technique with preliminary reconnaissance for gas or water, sealant injections. Simultaneous tunnel drilling and interior furbishing. Material transport, essentially by conveyor belt
- Expected train speed in the tunnel: 230 km/h
- NEAT Loetschberg-Base Tunnel (400 KB)
Scope of services
- Preliminary studies, approval design, final design
- Tender documents
- Execution drawings
- Works supervision
- Various local supervision activities
- Construction documentation
IUB Engineering Ltd., Berne is a leading partner in the engineering joint venture. In addition IUB manages the planning of the rail equipment.