Replacement of Electricity-, Water-, and Gassystems Fröschmattstrasse/Heimstrasse
The MV and LV electricity networks as well as part of the gas and water systems were replaced in the area around the streets Fröschmattstrasse and Heimstrasse in Bern-Bümpliz. Services provided included preparation of cable plans as well as detailed design for the pipe fittings.
The project involved the construction of 5 new distribution boxes as well as replacement of cable conduits over a total length of approx. 785 m. In all, 25 electricity house connections were replaced – in part using blast propulsion and partly using the cut-and-cover method. The location of the new distribution boxes had to be clarified with property owners and the Civil Engineering Office of Bern Municipality.
As part of the project a drinking water pipeline was replaced with a PE 160/130.8 pipe over a length of 40 m. Four house connections for water and 1 for gas were also replaced.
- Total length of replaced cable conduits: 785 m of which 4 x PE 132/120: 470 m
- Number of new distribution boxes: 5
- Number of new house connections for electricity: 25
- Length of replaced drinking water pipe PE 160/130.8: 40 m
- Number of replaced house connections for water: 4
- Number of replaced house connections for gas: 1
Scope of services
- Pre-project, detailed project
- Construction project
- Tendering and evaluation of bids
- Project execution incl. design of electrical cables
- Project management
- Construction supervision