Reconstruction of Chärstelenbach Water Intake
Reconstruction of Chärstelenbach water intake in Bristen in conjunction with flood protection measures on Chärestelenbach stream. Demolition of the permanent weir sill and installation of a mobile gate (16 m) as well as replacement of bottom outlet gate. Complete replacement of the retain-ing walls, buttresses and downstream weir floor. Extension of the centre pillar, weir downstream face and left bank.
This is a complex flood protection project caught between the demands of flood protection, power plant use and winter construction site in the mountains. Exten-sive hydraulic steel measures adapted to the existing facility with challenging drainage under construction.
- Excavation: ca. 7,000 m3
- Micropiles on weir down-stream face: total 120 m
- Concrete demolition: ca. 500 m3
- In-situ concreting works: ca. 500 m3
- Block work: ca. 4,500 t
- Gate dimension (damming height): 16 x 3 m
- Bottom outlet gate dimensions: 3 x 2 m
Scope of services
- Design for construction
- Execution design incl. construction supervision