Power Station Construction
Water is vital. We all depend on pure drinking water and healthy river habitats, we use its energy to generate electricity in hydroelectric power stations and build flood defences to protect ourselves from its awesome power. We take all of these factors into account when producing innovative and well-balanced solutions for our projects.
IUB covers virtually the entire area of planning and implementation of alpine hydroelectric installations, from feasibility studies to construction and assembly management during implementation. Of particular note is integration by a single solutions provider of most of the specialist fields: hydraulic and hydromechanical plant scheduling and optimisation, plant design and feasibility studies, investment planning, underground construction (galleries, caverns), engineering of all electromechanical system parts and energy transmission. IUB provides state-of-the-art calculation and simulation models in all relevant specialist areas, and we further develop our expert knowledge in close contact with the universities.
Wealth of experience
These projects benefit from the wealth of experience our specialists have gained in:
- Hydroelectric power stations, high- and low-pressure facilities, small-scale hydro-power, pumped-storage power plants, dams and hydraulic steel structures
- Construction and monitoring of dams
- Hydraulic engineering, river engineering and flood protection
- Revitalisation of rivers
- Natural hazards analysis and flood protection structures
- Flow simulation and hydrodynamics
- Seismic safety verification
- Hydrology and economical assessments
From conceptual design to maintenance
We cover all the phases of a project, from the conceptual design through to project planning, delivery and commissioning, monitoring and maintenance. We draw on our company specialists from the fields of underground construction, foundation engineering, structural engineering and electro-mechanics to form our multidisciplinary teams.